Several arts projects in Nipissing are getting a boost from the provincial government. Over $133-thousand is being distributed among eight organizations. The grants include:
- $45,000 for Aanmitaagzi through the Multi and Inter-Arts Organizations and Aboriginal Artists in Communities programs.
- $16,529 for the White Water Gallery through the Visual Arts Artist-Run Centres and Organizations.
- $14,250 for the Near North Mobile Media Lab Collective through the Media Arts Organizations program.
- $20,500 for the North Bay Symphony Orchestra through the Orchestras Projects program.
- $16,725 for the Capitol Centre through the Ontario Dances program.
- $10,000 for the Coordinating Body of Arts Culture and Heritage (CBACH) toward the Make North Bay Better project
- $8,000 for the Nipissing Region Curatorial Collective toward the Northern Arts and Crafts Movement.
- $2,100 for Windsong Music toward its Windsong Music Festival.
In a release, Nipissing MPP Vic Fedeli says these organizations are vital to the vibrant arts and culture community in Nipissing.