â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsJack Lyons Memorial Hockey Exhibition takes to the ice Thursday

Jack Lyons Memorial Hockey Exhibition takes to the ice Thursday

The second annual Jack Lyons Memorial Hockey Exhibition takes place this Thursday at Memorial Gardens.

The event is a fundraiser for One Kids Place, and runs from 11am to 2pm.

It will feature players from the North Bay North Stars going up against a combined team made up of West Ferris Secondary School and Chippewa Secondary School students, a game between two co-ed teams made up from both schools Gr. 7-8 students, as well as a game between the two schools boys and girls teams.

Officials say the North Bay North Stars is a hockey program for individuals with developmental disabilities.

- Advertisement -

Gr. 12 Chippewa Student Jenna says she’s excited for the event, adding last year, it raised over $15,000 for One Kids Place.

“The money goes to the One Kids Place Autism Summer Camps in Memory of Jack Lyons,” she says. “The fund was put together in honour of Jack’s life, and helps kids access these programs throughout the summer. We’ll be raising money again this year, and hope to add to last year’s contribution.”

The event is open to the public, and will also see students from nine elementary schools as well as both high schools cheering on the players.

According to Chippewa Secondary School, Jack Lyons was a Chippewa student who became an integral part of the Chippewa community. Additionally, Jack was an avid hockey supporter playing for the North Bay North Stars, and fan of the North Bay Battalion and Powassan Voodoos.

Donations will also be accepted at the event.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading