Listen Live
HomeNewsUndergraduate research on display at Nipissing

Undergraduate research on display at Nipissing

Nipissing University is showcasing the contributions of undergraduate researchers this weekend and the community is invited. 

The 16th annual Undergraduate Research Conference takes place Friday and Saturday. 

“The Undergraduate Research Conference is a long-standing Nipissing tradition that provides a unique opportunity for undergraduate students across the arts, sciences, and professional programs at Nipissing to showcase their research with the community and their peers,” says Dr. Barbi Law, Interim Dean of Graduate Studies and Research at Nipissing University. 

Along with a variety of research presentations, officials say there will be a “thought-provoking” keynote address on death education on Friday, at 6 pm in the Nipissing Theatre by Dr. Susan Srigley, Chair and Professor of Religions and Cultures at the school. 

- Advertisement -

Srigley has been a palliative care volunteer for over two decades and officials say will share how death education has enhanced her community involvement.

Following the keynote address, there are poster and artistic presentations in the NUSU Student Centre foyer. 

The conference will continue Saturday in the Nipissing University Small Cafeteria (A246) where undergraduate researchers will deliver paper presentations in front of a panel. 

All events are free and open to the public.

For more information visit https://www.nipissingu.ca/ugrc.

A livestream of the keynote will also be available.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading