Listen Live
HomeNewsCelebrating research at Nipissing University in March

Celebrating research at Nipissing University in March

March is Research Month at Nipissing University with several events lined up including the NU360 Speaker Night. 

Thursday’s event starts at 5:30 pm at the Nipissing University Student Union student centre and includes a series of six-minute faculty presentations sampling the diverse research taking place. 

“Nipissing University is rich with talented faculty and student researchers whose work is continuously making an impact locally and globally,” shared Dr. Barbi Law, Dean of Graduate Studies and Research at Nipissing University. “We are thrilled to invite the community to discover the diversity of research happening at Nipissing.”

The theme is ‘Research and Community’ with a variety of topics, including:

• Virtual communities for people affected by rarer dementias: Characterizing spaces for connection and repose – Dr. Mary Pat Sullivan
  • Equine Assisted Learning: Can it Help Survivors of Sexual Trauma? – Dr. Kristina Karvinen
  • The big picture: Patterns of disturbance and dynamics across forest landscapes – Dr. Jeff Dech
  • Lessons from the North: Creating a Micro-Credential with the Nbisiing Nishnaabeg -Dr. Cindy Peltier
  • Reasons of high prevalence of contraceptive withdrawal (coitus interruptus) – Dr. Amir Erfani
  • Teachers Making a Difference in the Community – Dr. Kristen Ferguson & Dr. Melissa Corrente
  • A Changing North: Untangling how humans and climate change alter northern Ontario water quality – Dr. Colin McCarter

Nipissing also hosting the Undergraduate Research Conference on March 24-25 and the Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) Competition on March 30.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading