Listen Live
HomeNews$1 million donation to Nipissing University

$1 million donation to Nipissing University

Two new funds are being created at Nipissing University thanks to a $1 million donation.  

One is the George and Helen Vari Black, Indigenous or People of Colour (BIPOC) Student Scholarship and Bursary Fund and the other is a Simulation Fund, supporting the university’s soon-to-be constructed Simulation Centre and its related programming.  

“My late husband George was a passionate advocate for education and its ability to transform lives,” says Helen Vari, President of the George and Helen Vari Foundation.  “It is a privilege to be able to contribute to the success of Nipissing students and support them as they build their futures.”

Vari says she recently had the opportunity to visit the Nipissing campus and was deeply inspired by its students, the future vision for the University, and the institution’s commitment to student success.

- Advertisement -

“This type of support changes lives,” says Nipissing University President and Vice-Chancellor, Kevin Wamsley.  “It improves access to education and enhances the student experience, ensuring our students are able to reach their full potential and give back to society in a meaningful way.” 

Wamsley says the university is grateful that Nipissing students will be beneficiaries of the Vari Foundation’s generosity for years to come. 

In recognition of the gift, two simulation labs within the Simulation Centre will be named the George and Helen Vari Simulation Labs. 

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading

You found me!