Mixed results are being reported with area job postings in December.
The Labour Market Group (LMG) says there were 374 job postings that month in Nipissing District.
That’s up nearly 18 percent compared to the five-year average.
However, it’s down over 46 percent compared to November.
LMG says a month-over-month drop was expected due to seasonal trends.
The top five employers included:
- North Bay Regional Health Centre
- Cascades Casino
- Near North District School Board
- Canadore College
- West Nipissing General Hospital
Top hiring industries included:
- Health Care & Social Assistance
- Retail Trade
- Arts, Entertainment & Recreation
- Administrative & Support, Waste Management & Remediation Services
- Educational Services
Over 85 percent of December’s jobs were full-time employment.