Listen Live
HomeNewsArea communities holding Remembrance Day services

Area communities holding Remembrance Day services

Remembrance Day services are taking place across the region on November 11th.  

Some ceremonies are scaled back and are being held in outdoor locations. 

COVID safety protocols will also be in place, including physical distancing and face coverings. 

Sturgeon Falls Legion Branch 225 is holding a ceremony at 11 am at the cenotaph.

- Advertisement -

The public is invited. 

Other area services include: 

• Callander: A non-denominational service takes place at 9:30 am in the Main Hall, with the parade marching to the Cenotaph for a Remembrance Day Service at 11 am on Thursday. 
  • East Ferris: Public is invited to a small service with Legion Branch 445 at the East Ferris Memorial Park at 1:45 pm on November 11th. 
  • Mattawa: At 10:30 am Legion members, veterans and dignitaries will parade from the Legion Hall to the cenotaph for the Remembrance Day ceremony and wreath-laying. 
  • North Bay: Legion Branch 23’s Remembrance Day service is open to the public at the Memorial Park Cenotaph at 11 am.  
  • Powassan and Trout Creek:  Legion Branch 453 is holding a modified service in Trout Creek and Powassan on November 11 at 11:00 AM.  
  • West Ferris:  Legion Branch 599 is holding a ceremony on November 11.  It is open to the public, however, space is limited. 

In Sundridge, the Near North District School Board says the Grades 7 and 8 students in Jamey Sollman’s class are leading the Remembrance Day events at Sundridge Centennial Public School.

Along with a virtual ceremony that they’ve prepared, the students have arranged for all students at the school to plant a large plastic poppy outside the school.

Students will go outside in their cohorts to add their poppies to the garden.

Members of the Sundridge Legion Branch 467 will be viewing the display Thursday afternoon.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading