On-ice sessions start Tuesday at Battalion training camp
(Photo by Terry Wilson / OHL Images)
Medicals and fitness testing are scheduled for Monday, the first day of training camp for the North Bay Battalion.
The OHL club says 47 skaters and goaltenders are expected to take part.
Veterans and prospects from both the 2020 and 2021 OHL Priority Selections are vying for roster spots.
Five intrasquad games are open to the public, at no charge.
The first is scheduled for 10 am Tuesday, with another session at 5 pm.
Wednesday’s intrasquad schedule is the same, with games at 10 am and 5 pm.
The final game goes at 9 am Thursday before camp breaks at midday.
The team says there are several guidelines for spectators for training camp:
- Spectator capacity at North Bay Memorial Gardens for training camp sessions is 1,000.
- Entry is limited to Gate 2 (northwest corner of building off Chippewa St. across from the Royal LePage office).
- All spectators must wear a mask, submit contact tracing information upon entry and observe social distancing at all times.
- Please note that masks must remain on at all times in the building except they can be removed while seated.
- The East side of Memorial Gardens will be closed to the public at all times.
- General admission seating will be limited to sections 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9. Accessible seating will be limited to locations in the north end and west side.
- Suites and lounges will be closed during training camp.
- Concession 1 in the main concourse will be open during training sessions, as will the Battalion retail store.
- No outside food or beverage will be permitted when alcoholic beverages are served.
The Troops have four pre-season games, starting on Saturday, September 18th, with North Bay at home to Owen Sound.