â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsCOVID-19 vaccinations required to attend Canadore College

COVID-19 vaccinations required to attend Canadore College

Canadore College is requiring all students, employees, visitors and contractors coming to any campus to be vaccinated effective September 7, 2021.

The post-secondary institution shared the news yesterday.

The mandate affects all campuses including College Drive, Aviation, as well as Commerce Court in North Bay as well as West Parry Sound.

The school says that:

• All students, employees, visitors, and contractors coming onto a Canadore campus must attest to their COVID-19 vaccination status;
• It is expected that all students and employees will have at least their first dose of a Health Canada approved vaccine by the first day of Fall Semester, September 7, 2021;
• Exemptions for medical or religious grounds protected under the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered with the proper documentation; and
• Those with approved exemptions will be required to conduct regular rapid antigen COVID-19 testing.

The college has partnered with the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit and Nipissing University. COVID-19 vaccination clinics are open to all students and employees and have been scheduled for the following dates:

- Advertisement -
  • Saturday, August 28: Surtees Gymnasium A (Nipissing University) 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.;
  •  Sunday, August 29: Surtees Gymnasium A (Nipissing University) 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.;
  •  Saturday, September 4: Surtees Gymnasium A (Nipissing University) 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.;
  • Monday, September 6: Canadore College Residence C-15 (Lounge) 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.;
  • Wednesday, September 8: College Drive Education Centre (Lounge – Entrance at C202b); and
  • Friday, September 10 (two times and locations)
    • Aviation Campus Cafeteria 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.; or
    • Commerce Court Cafeteria 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.

You can register here: https://forms.office.com/r/iL45rMtxxY

Canadore College says it is continuing to consult with the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit on information and clarification about local vaccination efforts. Students and employees in North Bay and Parry Sound can get more information about vaccinations and clinic schedules through the Health Unit’s website www.myhealthunit.ca.

Students and employees located elsewhere in Ontario can visit https://covid- 19.ontario.ca/book-vaccine/

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading