Listen Live
HomeNewsNipissing University adds Data Science program

Nipissing University adds Data Science program

A new program, that is billed as the only one of its kind in northern Ontario, is coming to Nipissing University. 

The post-secondary school says with demand for data scientists on the rise they will be launching a new Bachelor of Science in Data Science program. 

Applications for a 2022 start will open soon.

The program will provide students with an opportunity to study data science from both theoretical and applied perspectives.

- Advertisement -

“In the age of Big Data, data scientists are in great demand for their cross-disciplinary skills – skills that span all sectors from tech to transportation to education and everything in between,” said Dr. Arja Vainio-Mattila, Provost and Vice-President, Academic and Research, Nipissing University. “Data scientists will play an important role in the future of our region and we are excited to be able to help address this skills gap.” 

Students will have access to community internships and experiential learning opportunities to hone their skills and become market-ready. 

“The BSc in Data Science at Nipissing provides students with a competitive edge to learn how to study and apply their data skills across various fields and disciplines,” said Dr. Pavlina Radia, Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Science. “Students have the flexibility to customize their degree by exploring experiential opportunities and courses in fields other than Data Science.” 

Graduates of the program can expect to be prepared for roles such as data analysts, financial advisors, statisticians, business ana

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading