An error message some people encountered while booking their vaccination appointment through Ontario’s new portal has been taken care of.
“The ministry had been informed that some individuals were receiving an error message during the booking process. This technical issue has now been resolved,” a Ministry of Health (MOH) spokesperson shared with MyNorthBayNow.com.
Ontario’s vaccine booking portal went live Monday morning. The ministry says over 92,000 appointments were booked as of 3 pm Monday. Locally, over 1,200 people utilized either the online booking system or the Health Unit’s call centre on Monday, adding that its Call Centre was and will continue to work at full capacity.
While booking appointments online, some people reported receiving an error message that their form had been “tampered with”.
The MOH says the technical issue was investigated and resolved.
Premier Doug Ford defended his government’s booking system on Monday, saying he “respectfully disagrees” that there are no glitches.
The premier added anyone having issues with booking should contact the province’s helpline at 1-888-999-6488.
Appointments have been made available to those over the age of 80 for vaccinations scheduled to begin next week. When everyone in the demographic is offered a vaccine, appointments will then be offered to those over 75, descending by five-year increments after that.
In North Bay, Memorial Gardens will be used as a mass-vaccination site.