The North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit is reporting two new cases of COVID-19.
The two cases are split between the Parry Sound and Nipissing Districts.
Both cases are in people between the ages of 60 and 79. One is the result of community spread while the other is due to close contact.
There are nine active cases of the coronavirus in our region, seven of which are in the Nipissing District.
The Health Unit is also urging the public to safely watch the Super Bowl this weekend.
Some tips include:
- plan a videoconference with your friends and loved ones and watch together;
- set up a group chat and keep connected while watching at your individual homes;
- coordinate a menu amongst friends, so that everyone can “virtually” share the same game day snacks;
- support local restaurants by ordering your favourite take-out for delivery or pick-up;
- set up game day challenges to stay active and competitive with your friends and family.