Leaf/Yard Waste pickup set for Monday
It’s time to get your leaves and yard waste to the side of the curb.
The Municipality of West Nipissing has announced that leaves and yard waste will be picked up Monday in the urban areas of Sturgeon Falls, Cache Bay and Springer. Residents in those areas can expect to see their yard waste and leaves picked up on the first double-digit Monday between this coming Monday and November. The full schedule is June 15, July 13, August 10, September 14, October 16, and November 16.
Municipal officials ask that you place the materials in a paper yard waste bag, or in an open-top container with handles. Garbage or plastic bags are not accepted. Leaf and yard waste that is mixed with garbage will not be collected.
Items accepted for pickup include:
- Grass clippings
- Tree and hedge clippings, pine cones, weeds, plants
- Fallen fruit and nuts from trees
- Straw, corn stalks, pumpkins
- Branches shorter than two feet placed in yard waste bags and tied/bundled
Items not accepted include:
- Rocks, soil, sod
- Stumps, trunks, logs
- Branches larger than two feet in length
- Driveway sweepings
- Flower pots, plastic bags
- Kitchen scraps
- Appliances or other recyclable material