Theft from vehicle prompts OPP tips to prevent property loss
The West Nipissing Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police is seeking the public’s assistance with a theft investigation.
Sometime between the evening of August 8 and the morning of August 9, a black Samsung tablet was stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked in a driveway on Dutrisac Road in Sturgeon Falls.
This investigation is continuing and police are asking anyone with information regarding the person(s) responsible for this theft, to contact the Ontario Provincial Police at 1-888-310-1122 or their nearest police authority.
Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or submit information online at www.sudburycrimestoppers.com where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.
The OPP encourages drivers to take a few simple precautions that will protect your vehicle and contents from theft. Here are some tips to follow:
- Always roll up your vehicle’s windows, lock the doors and pocket the key
- Never leave valuables in full view. Put them in the trunk.
- If you have to leave your vehicle on the street, lock it and park it in a well-lit area
- Engrave expensive accessories so that the thief will have difficulty disposing of them
- Keep your driver’s licence and vehicle registration with you, in your wallet or purse