Listen Live
HomeNewsLMG holding workshops to help Nipissing University students find work

LMG holding workshops to help Nipissing University students find work

You’re a Nipissing University student ready to graduate and the next step is looking for a job.

The Labour Market Group wants to make that work a little easier so it’s creating a series of workshops designed to help the grads find jobs in the North Bay area.

LMG is partnering the workshop initiative with Yes Employment and the Nipissing University Student Union.

Four workshops will be held in total, all at the university.

- Advertisement -

The first is January 23rd in Room A250 where job searching and interview etiquette will be discussed.

Stacie Fiddler, LMG’s Executive Director, says there are many job opportunities for Nipissing students in the immediate region.

She says each month the labour group posts hundreds of regional job vacancies that students can apply for and start making employer connections.

Fiddler says the workshops will tell the students about employment options and provide them with the confidence “they need to achieve success in the workplace”.

The second workshop is scheduled for January 29th in Room A144 and the subject matter involves the local labour scene and the student’s degree.

On February 6th the students can learn about making the best of the workplace in Room A250 and that’s followed by a session on financial literacy in Room A144 on February 12th.

All the workshops run from 1:00pm to 2:30pm.

It’s preferred that students register beforehand for the workshops so organizers have an idea of what numbers to expect although it’s not a requirement.

Go to nusu.com/buildyourfuture to register.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading