Listen Live
HomeNewsAdvanced Placement French course at St. Joseph-Scollard Hall seeing great student success

Advanced Placement French course at St. Joseph-Scollard Hall seeing great student success

Exam marks are well above average for students in the Advanced Placement French course at St. Joseph-Scollard Hall.  All the students enrolled achieved an overall grade point of three or higher, on a grading scale of five and were particularly strong in the Free-Response section.  Principal Derek Belanger says this was the first year they offered an Advanced Placement course and the results demonstrate the students are performing at high levels academically.  Belanger says the next step is to expand the Advanced Placement program to include Biology next year.  Advanced Placement course teacher Josee Charland says she’s especially proud of the students because they were all in Grade 11 and they proved they could not only write the exam, but excel in University-level studies.  Advanced Placement is a specialized program that enables students to pursue university-level studies while still in high school.  By completing the exam in June, students have the potential to earn a University credit, an Advanced Placement credit, or both.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading